RISE WITH HONOR, ROAR WITH PRIDE
Penn State has long been respected for its academic and athletic accomplishments, tradition and reputation.
Student-athletes will be expected to exemplify and strictly follow the sportsmanship code that Penn State Beaver has adopted.
Student-athletes will embody the “Rise with Honor, Roar with Pride” slogan.
“Rise with Honor”
Student-athletes will compete with honesty, fairness, and integrity while striving to represent the University to the best of their ability. Student-athletes will acknowledge and accept personal responsibility for their actions and understand that the University reputation is more important than personal agendas.
- INTEGRITY: We act with integrity and honesty in accordance with the highest academic, professional, and ethical standards.
- RESPONSIBILITY: We act responsibly, and we are accountable for our decisions, actions, and their consequences.
“Roar with Pride”
Winning games is not the most important thing, but rather, winning the right way is. By respecting coaches, teammates, opposing players, opposing coaches, officials, gameday staff and spectators, student-athletes will be successful no matter what the score may be.
- RESPECT: We respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse and inclusive community.
- COMMUNITY: We work together for the betterment of our University, the communities we serve, and the world.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive for excellence in all our endeavors as individuals, an institution, and a leader in higher education.